Gud4Nothin

My techno babbling space

right.

Home page
An outdated (b)log

Google

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Stereoscopy

Today is a great day!!

For the first time I was able to cross view. And only today I found out the type of stereograms I used to play with were parallel viewing. To find the difference between them go here or here. (Gosh! wikipedia articles for cross view and parallel view don't exist. I could create one someday!)

Here is a great tutorial to get you started with crossviewing.

Normal viewing :

Parallel viewing : Brain thinks image is farther.
In case of two adjacent images,
L R
| |
L R -> eyes, right eye sees right image, left eye sees left, and we overlap these two.


Crossviewing : Brain thinks image is nearer.
In case of two adjacent images,
L R
\/
/\
L R -> eyes, right eye sees left image, left eye sees right, and we overlap these two.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home